Saturday, January 28, 2023

1973 In Music - January's Almost Made the Charts.

So, with my ongoing series of posts on music from 50 years go, and what we were listening to, I've thought alot about adding a list of great songs that made the Hop 100, but didn't make the Top 40.  As I've started a new year (and a new spreadsheet) I figured I'd give it a shot.


SO, for January 1973, I looked at songs that dropped off the charts during the month, but never made the Top 40.  And for the month, I counted 22.  Here they are, with peak position noted:

  • No - Buldog - 44
  • Trouble In My Home - Joe Simon - 50
  • In Heaven There Is No Beer - Clean Living - 51
  • Let Us Love - Bill Withers - 47
  • You're A Lady - Peter Skellern - 50
  • I Got A Bag Of My Own - James Brown - 59
  • We Need Order - The Chi-lites - 61
  • Everybody Loves A Love Song - Mac Davis - 63
  • Angel - Rod Stewart - 65
  • 992 Arguments - The O'Jays - 68
  • I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock And Roll) - Gary Glitter - 71
  • You're A Lady - Dawn Featuring Tony Orlando - 70
  • Anthem - Wayne Newton - 65
  • Mama Weer All Crazee Now - Slade - 76
  • One Last Time - Glen Campbell - 78
  • You Can Do Magic - Limmie and Family Cookin' - 84
  • Jesus Was A Capricorn - Kris Kristofferson - 91
  • Knock Knock Who's There - Mary Hopkin - 92
  • I'm Sorry - Joey Heatherton - 87
  • Choo Choo Mama - Ten Years After - 89
  • The Red Back Spider - Brownsville Station - 96
  • She's Got To Be A Saint - Ray Price - 93

I have playlists of great songs that made the Hot 100, but not the Top 40.  But for this month?  Not so much.  There's a couple I remember, but none I own.  I'll keep this up for a few months, see how it works out!







No comments: