Thursday, March 28, 2024

Birds, Birds, Birds

 Yeah, I've always enjoyed birds.  From when we made feeders from milk cartons in first grade, on to today when I have several feeders in the backyard.  What can I say?


Anyway, lately, I discovered the "Sound ID" feature in Merlin Bird ID, and I've been logging birds heard in the back yard.  In 2x 5 minute sessions (at lunch time and after work), we heard:


  • American Crow
  • American Goldfinch
  • American Tree Sparrow
  • American Robin
  • Blue Jay
  • Carolina Chickadee
  • Carolina Wren
  • Dark-Eyed Junko
  • Downy Woodpecker
  • Eastern Bluebird
  • Golden Crowned Kinglet
  • House Finch
  • House Sparrow
  • Northern Cardinal
  • Northern Flicker
  • Pine Siskin
  • Red Bellied Woodpecker
  • Tufted Titmouse
  • White Throated Sparrow

That's pretty cool, 19 different birds heard in my backyard in one day.  i have (not today) photographed all but 2 of those.

No comments: