Friday, May 06, 2011

Mother Goose

OK, I'm not really much of a goose fan.  they're over-populated poop machines, cluttering up our parks and being an overall nuisance.  On the other hand, who can resist baby animals and their parents??



I came across this goose family at Moody Park yesterday, and couldn't resist snapping a few shots.  Above, I love how the first gosling is actually under the parent's tail...
- - -


I presume this is a mating pair, Mum and Daddy.....  But which one is which?
 - - -


The "in the grass" photos were actually taken first.  The parents didn't like me getting as close as I did, and hustled the babes off to the safety of the water.  But I was harmless, ya know!


Oh, and the song?  Thinking about the Jethro Tull song....  And in honor of the goslings, I'll have some Goslings!

No comments: