Monday, August 06, 2018

Dublin #1


Another in the new series of tweaking my son's photos.   I asked him a while back if he'd mind me doing some tweaking of his images, and posting them here.  He didn't seem too averse, so here we go.  My goal is to do minor changes, keeping with the original intent (at least my interpretation of the original intent).

See the 1st installment here.   

Here's #2 (tweaked version):



Taken on his trip to Dublin, Ireland as part of the pre-fall semester class he's taking as an incoming freshman.  Posted on his Instagram account 07/29/2018.




Here's the original:

 Still trying to keep it subtle, if not quite as simple as last time.  Main adjustment was rotating to straight, a very slight perspective adjustment, and minor levels adjustment.  Some burn & dodge for local lighting.  And a very slight "Simplify" to take out some harshness.  A crop to clean up from the rotate / perspective.  And crank the saturation down to offset the slight increase from the other changes.  I tried a B&W version, but didn't like it as much.

So, what do you think?

Again:  photo credit:  Matthew Lawhead.  modified / posted with permission.

No comments: