Thursday, June 13, 2019

Stats and Other Pointlessness...



So...  Blogger has a Stats function.  Which allows me to track page views and traffic sources and such stuff.  Perhaps meaningful if I were a business.  Or perhaps if I had any meaningful traffic here.

Since neither is true, so it is pretty useless.

SO....

What's my most popular post of all time?

Blue Meanies, from May 11, 2011.  What is kind of funny is that the post it was inspired by my discovering the Stats function.  It notes that my most popular post at that time (May 2011) was titled Sky of blue and sea of green In our yellow submarine from 9/5/2010.  That post is still my #2 all time.  Combine those two posts and, they account for 1.7% of my total page views over the past... well however long it is (this blog has been around since September 2004, but I don't think the stats go back that far.  The page view graphs don't even go as far back as either of these two "Top" posts).

Clearly, I need to do more Beatles related posts.  Or keep re-posting this image:

- - - - -

Meanwhile, Looking at the past month (and past week), my most popular post is Vacation, from all the way back to August 1, 2007.  Quite simply, That Don't Make No Sense.  A twelve year old post about vacationing in Aurora, Kentucky (no Beatles connection there!).  A 12 year old post where all the photos have been deleted (back when I used AOL for my image hosting!)...

What can it all mean?  Probably nothing.  But it keeps me interested.






No comments: