Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It Doesn't Matter Anymore....

Regular readers know that I've lately been digging up setlists from concerts seen in my youth.  I've posted The Who, The Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd.  All have been made into iPod playlists, along with R.E.M, Croby Stills and Nash, and Stills Young Band.  And Linda Ronstadt. 
In honor of her recent induction to the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, I fingured to post about Linda R.

 

I first saw Linda Ronstadt August 21, 1976, at the Syria Mosque in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood.  That was the only show I saw at the Syria Mosque, which was torn down over 20 years ago.  But I remember it as a pretty cool (though already old) venue.  As far as Ronstadt, she was pretty much at her peak.   I went with a friend (RIP) whose mother dropped us off at the door, and we walked home (only ~2.5 miles, it was a different world in the 70's).  We had seats in the balcony, but in the small venue (3,700 seats), the view was great.  Then unknown Andrew Gold was the warm up act, and the back-up band. 

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a setlist from that night.  But I did find a setlist from 2 weeks earlier, at the Mississippi River Festival in Edwardsville, IL.  Which is just a stone's throw from where I currently live.  So that's cool.  I can't vouch for the accuracy*, but it's on the internet, so it must be right... right?  Regardless, it makes a very nice playlist


  • Lose Again
  • That'll Be The Day
  • Blue Bayou
  • Silver Threads And Golden Needles
  • Willin'
  • Faithless Love
  • It Doesn't Matter Any More
  • When WIll I Be Loved?
  • Crazy
  • Poor Poor Pitiful Me
  • Desperado
  • Love Me Tender
  • Simple Man Simple Dream
  • Love Is A Rose
  • Maybe I'm Right
  • It's So Easy
  • Someone To Lay Down Beside Me
  • Tumbling Dice
  • You're No Good
  • Sorrow Lives Here
  • (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave.

* - In fact, I have some concerns about the accuracy.  The playlist is heavily weighted with somgs from Simple Dreams, which wasn't released until 9/77, rather than the then-new Hasten Down The WindRegardless, I'll work with what data I have, and I still like the playlist...

No comments: